Is it possible to visit the university campus?

Certainly. If you visit Center for Admisshion between 9 am and 4.30 pm on any day except Sundays and national holidays, you can receive our prospectus (available in Japanese only) and our campus map. You are welcome to freely look around the campus, and although you are not permitted to enter the classrooms, studios and workrooms, you can observe them from outside.
Since there are few students on campus during the summer, winter, and spring vacations, these times may not be appropriate times for your visit. The university is fully open to the public twice a year: at our open campus in mid-June and the art festival at the end of October. For the university schedule, please refer to the Calendar of Events.

How can I get the prospectus?

The prospectus in English is available at our English Homepage.

To request the prospectus in Japanese, please refer below.

What courses does MAU offer?

We offer Bachelor’s, Master’s and Doctoral courses. Details on the courses are available at the following page.

How can I enroll at MAU?

If you would like to study at MAU, you are required to take an entrance exam. Information on our entrance examination is available here. Unfortunately, we do not offer any non-degree programs or short-term programs.

Can I study at MAU as a research student?

If you are a Japanese Government Scholarship applicant (called the MEXT scholarship research student), you will be eligible to apply to our university as a research student. Please refer here for more details on the MEXT scholarship program. Unfortunately, we do not accept other research students.

How much knowledge of Japanese is necessary?

Since most of all classes, seminars, and exams are conducted solely in Japanese, you should be able to write, read, and speak Japanese fluently. At the very least, you are required to sufficiently understand the application guidebook written in Japanese.

May I contact with professors at MAU?

We are happy to forward your e-mail to the specific individuals you would like to get in touch with. Information on our professors is available here (available in Japanese).

What is the tuition fee?

It is approximately 2,000,000 yen for the first year.

Do you have dormitories?

We have a dormitory for female students off-campus. It has 58 single rooms (furnished), and costs 74,500 yen per month with two meals and 58,200 yen per month without meal respectively. As the number of the rooms is limited, in case they are fully-occupied, our Student Support Section will provide you with information about apartments located in the vicinity. Monthly rent for a one-room apartment (including kitchen, bathroom and toilet) in the area is approximately 50,000 yen to 60,000 yen.